Friday, January 28, 2011

Ugly Flower

DSC02833

Hello hello!

I am feeling SO lazy since a couple of days. I made this day before yesterday and since then I am sitting idle. No crafty business. I have been watching movies and eating popcorn. I did sit yesterday to make something then gave up again.

                         

On to today’s card… it is based on the sketch over at Card Patterns. My main inspiration for this card is the “Metallic Color Challenge for Color Inspiration for Card Makers Week in the Moxie Fab World” (now say that quick!).

DSC02821

This is the first time I have tried to make this type of flower, looks horrendous here LOL but not so much IRL. The gem in the middle is from a broken earring. I applied sienna coloured glitter on the edges of the petals but did not cover the entire edge, just a bit here and there. The pink panel (bottom) is embossed using candy cane stripes and the flower embossing is Flower Rings.

DSC02836

I have enhanced the embossed flowers by first inking them slightly with (dusty plum and velvet) colorbox pigment inks and then painted over it with WHITE pearl paint. I think it enhances the bland cardstock, I distressed it’s edges too but it’s not showing too much here. I used the pigment inks on the lower pink panel too, just to make the stripes pop.

I forgot to outline the card with a gold marker, just close your eyes and picture how it would have looked! LOL

XoXo

E

CHALLENGES: Card patterns, moxie fab, wee memories, Top tip Tuesday, Tuesday Throwdown, Southern girls challenge, crafty purple frog

25 comments:

Ujjwal said...

Its so pretty, E.T!! Why do u call it ugly?? I like everything about it, girl!!

anja curvers said...

Wow I like this one the flower is beautiful and everything else also. Glad you joined us at cardpatterns.

jimlynn said...

Not ugly AT ALL!!!! I think the flower and the entire card is just stunning! Love how you "dressed up" that layout too. Just a wonderful card. Love it.
Lynn

Margreet said...

I don't think you mean your heading UGLY flower....I love it...what??? love???? ADORE it!!!!
xxx Margreet

Rachana said...

hey wats wrong with u?...ur daydreaming i guess its such a pretty card..i guess u need a lil break to get ur mojo back but dont wry buddy its a lovely card..

Stacey G.-2 Craf-t-4u said...

So pretty E.T. The flowers is gorgeous! Love the bit of glitter and so creative using broken jewelry. Have to remember that one! Something else to save. LOL Love the bow too! Great embossing. The design under the flower is perfect too!

MANSI said...

Its so pretty Gal!!UGLY???I love the whole outcome.Fab card.

Unknown said...

UGLY?No way.Beautiful in fact.Teach me plz the flower

Creativek(shraddha) said...

Stunning card..another wonderful creation!!

yyam said...

It's a lovely card! The flower's very pretty! :)

Avni said...

Pretty colors....and i loved the embossing...beautiful card!

Flutterby Trina said...

love it! how did you make that flower, its beautiful!! xx

~amy~ said...

Such a gorgeous bloom and aren't you clever to use a broken earring as it's centerpiece?!!! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!

Mel said...

E.T., your cards are always so beautiful. Love the flower btw, it is gorgeous.

Vanessa (aka V'ness, Nessa, oldschool) said...

this is gorgeous!!!
thanks for entering it at TCPF!

Karen said...

Truly gorgeous girl! And that flower is just fabby!!xx

Cindy Haffner said...

Ohh how very BEAUTIFUL!!!

Anne said...

Such a lovely flower you made. Thank you for taking the Top Tip Tuesday Challenge, hope you’ll join us again!
Hugs
Anne

Shelly said...

This card is so beautiful, including the gorgeous flower!!! You are remarkable with the things you come up with.

Viv said...

This is gorgeous! Love the inking of the embossed background and fab flower!
Thanks for playing at Southern Girls.
Viv :)

kaos said...

What a great idea - a lovely card!

Thanks for sharing with us at the Crafty Purple Frog Challenge and good luck!
kaos

karenw said...

Isn't it funny when you think something is ugly and the rest of the world crave it?? This is gorgeous! Thanks for playing with us at southern girls x

Beate said...

Gorgeous flower, sparkling background and card!!!
Hugs and smiles

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey E. T! Thanks for entering the Metallics Challenge in the Color Inspiration for Card Makers Week suite of six challenges in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

grandie said...

Gosh, I have days like that a lot!! Sometimes they are good fun, and others just so lazy, which can also be fun, tee hee. I like the flower! Also great to hear you re-use 'things' as well, I have a whole tinful of itsie bitsie things I might need/use one day :o)

Thanks for sharing with us!

Helen from England